Friday, November 20, 2009

Un-Answered and Un-Answerable Questions; Another Reason to Blog

One of the things I struggle with is asking questions. I’m not referring to questions like “Where is the nearest Chipotle?” or “What time do the Redskins play?” Those questions are easy to ask. They are easy to ask because everyone is asking them and the answers to them are easy to give and easy to verify.

The questions that I don’t like to ask are the questions that no one is asking; or if they are, I have not heard them being asked. Most of the time, I don’t ask the question because I am fairly certain that my question will raise more questions. The more questions I have on my plate, the more likely I am to become overwhelmed by my lack of knowledge and simply stay content with my initial ignorance of the subject in question.

Another reason I’ve decided to start blogging is to ask questions. Again, not the questions that are asked day to day (the “easy” questions).  But instead, I want to start spending time asking the hard questions and searching for answers.  I’d love for you to stay involved by offering insight and pondering along with me.  I know that not every question has an answer, at least not an answer that we are able to give or understand this side of eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment